Re: Trust membership [Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility]

2011-09-21 01:38:33
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 2011-09-21 05:44, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
<snip>
The Trust would need to commit to allowing these advisors to join their
meetings too. But that can be done in other ways than the Trust Agreement.

(so yes, I agree with this line of thought)

Obviously this all assumes there is a consensus for changing the I* chairs
role

...exactly. I'm far from convinced about that. I think the real need is to
figure out how to make the IAOC an Oversight committee rather than it getting
involved in executive decisions, and to figure out how to make the IAB an
Architecture board instead of getting involved in administrative matters.

I'm new to this level of innerworking in the IETF, and a bit more confused
after this thread.

I did ask what was the core problem sort of and got two excellent answers
but none of the convinced me that the draft/proposal at hand are the right
answer to an obvious problem.

However, Brian's suggestion above looks like a better road ahead since it
get closer to the core of the problem, the workload and address that.

--

Roger Jorgensen           |
rogerj(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com          | - IPv6 is The Key!