Re: Trust membership [Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility]

2011-09-20 16:10:14
On 2011-09-21 05:44, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
On Sep 20, 2011, at 6:25 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

- Olaf's wording be changed to make the IAB Chair, IETF Chair and ISOC CEO
into ex-officio and non-voting Liaisons to the IAOC and the Trust.

- The TAP then be modified to recognize the status of these new ex-officio
and non-voting Liaisons. These Liaisons are not IAOC members, thus not
Trustees.

I would not call them liaisons (as they do not liaise) but advisors.

With this procedure, I see no reason to modify the Trust Agreement.

Agreed, and it would be "cheaper" to do it this way, but...

The Trust would need to commit to allowing these advisors to join their
meetings too. But that can be done in other ways than the Trust Agreement.

(so yes, I agree with this line of thought)

Obviously this all assumes there is a consensus for changing the I* chairs
role

...exactly. I'm far from convinced about that. I think the real need is to
figure out how to make the IAOC an Oversight committee rather than it getting
involved in executive decisions, and to figure out how to make the IAB an
Architecture board instead of getting involved in administrative matters.

    Brian