Re: Trust membership [Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility]

2011-09-20 13:13:05
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Olaf Kolkman <olaf(_at_)nlnetlabs(_dot_)nl>
wrote:

On Sep 20, 2011, at 6:25 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

- Olaf's wording be changed to make the IAB Chair, IETF Chair and ISOC
CEO into ex-officio and non-voting Liaisons to the IAOC and the Trust.

- The TAP then be modified to recognize the status of these new
ex-officio and non-voting Liaisons. These Liaisons are not IAOC members,
thus not Trustees.

I would not call them liaisons (as they do not liaise) but advisors.

WFM

With this procedure, I see no reason to modify the Trust Agreement.

The Trust would need to commit to allowing these advisors to join their
meetings too. But that can be done in other ways than the Trust Agreement.

(so yes, I agree with this line of thought)

Obviously this all assumes there is a consensus for changing the I* chairs
role

Yes. And that should include prior agreement by the Trustees to make this
change. (As with any last call, if the Trustees have objections,
they should be dealt with before the RFC is published.)  I would be glad to
schedule such a discussion and vote at an appropriate time, assuming I am
still Chair at that time.

Regards
Marshall

--Olaf