Re: Trust membership [Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility]

2011-09-20 01:44:14
On 20/09/2011 00:30, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

[...] the I* Chairs would
remain as Trustees. Since that is (in my experience) a large
part of an IAOC member's time commitment, the problem you're
trying to solve would not be solved, IMHO, unless the Trust
amended the Trust Agreement too. That's all I wanted to point out.

My experience is different: the Trust is little work on average but there
are huge spikes, in particular when legal provisions are being discussed.
However, there are issues that are typically also discussed in the IESG
or IAB, the I* chairs are already involved with their I* hat, and the
additional workload to discuss it in the Trust is small.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746