Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

2011-09-21 12:00:14

On Sep 21, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:

It is important for the I* chairs to be connected with the community.
It is important for the IAOC to be connected with the community.
It is important for the I* chairs to be informed about what is happening in
the IAOC
It is important for the IAOC to be informed about what the I* chairs find
important.

Yes, but I don't understand your point.  We get that today with the current
makeup.  Your proposal breaks these links.

Oops..I did not finish the paragraph.

Retry:
It is important for the I* chairs to be connected with the community.
It is important for the IAOC to be connected with the community.
It is important for the I* chairs to be informed about what is happening in
the IAOC
It is important for the IAOC to be informed about what the I* chairs find
important.

I claim that the first two items are independent of I* chairs being voting
members of the IAOC.

I also claim that for the third item there is no necessity for the I* chairs to
be a voting member, nor for the fourth. That said, I am sensitive to the
argument that if I* chairs are members they may actually pay more attention
(human nature and such) and that being effective at those item without being a
member is tough.

--Olaf

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/