RE: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

2013-03-06 15:37:57
Okay, thanks Bob.  This makes sense...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Hinden [mailto:bob(_dot_)hinden(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:36 PM
To: Eric Gray
Cc: Bob Hinden; dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

Eric,

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Eric Gray wrote:

Bob,

      This confuses me.  Are you saying that you would be more able to give
feedback on someone you don't know if you knew what they might have to say
about themselves?

      I would think that - if you don't know somebody - you can't give
feedback on them (and that is precisely as it should be).

If I don't recognize them by name (and we don't publish their pictures), I
might remember something they did in a working group/plenary/etc. by reading
their summary.

Also, if they make statements about the future of the IETF that I agree with or
don't agree with, I can provide feedback on that.

Bob