Re: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

2013-03-06 15:45:46
For what it's worth, candidates in professional organizations (IEEE, ACM, say)
routinely publish basic information about themselves, typically of two kinds:

* what have they done before (both within the organization as well as other
roles)

* vision for their position and the organization itself

Both are typically space-limited (around 200 words, I think) to force focus and
to avoid making this a "who can write a nicer autobiography" contest.

This is not sufficient and doesn't replace personal knowledge or one-on-one
interviews, but allows a broader range of people to comment. IEEE and ACM have
member votes, so the need is a bit different, but I don't think this is that
unusual nor particularly burdensome.

Henning