RE: Is the IETF is an international organization? (was: IETF Diversity)

2013-06-19 14:20:31
Well, this is a cultural thing :-) Some of our American colleagues cannot avoid
using examples related to the American constitution, history or academy,
forgetting that out-of-the-US interlocutors may not that familiar with them.
Luckily, they did not mention any baseball rule in this discussions (yet) :-)

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
SM
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:08 PM
To: Aaron Yi DING
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Is the IETF is an international organization? (was: IETF
Diversity)

Hi Aaron,
At 11:40 19-06-2013, Aaron Yi DING wrote:
Relating to the statement above(I assume Phillip is addressing the US
Academia), not quite sure are we still discussing the same topic?
sorry, I am bit confused ..  since IETF is an international
organization.

I changed the subject line as I am as confused as to whether the IETF is
an international organization.

There was a mention of "First the Civil Rights act, then Selma...  ;)".
I assume that the act is an Act for the United States of America.
Harvard was also mentioned.  I did a quick search and I found out that
"Harvard University is an American private Ivy League research
university".

Regards,
-sm