Re: Is the IETF is an international organization? (was: IETF Diversity)

2013-06-24 07:43:40
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Ted Lemon
<Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Jun 19, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Yoav Nir <ynir(_at_)checkpoint(_dot_)com> wrote:
Yeah, and "act" is what Americans call statutes, and Selma is a city in
Alabama where there was some controversy about voting rights. You sure need
to know a lot of Americana to participate meaningfully in some of these
discussions.

Sorry.   That was directed largely at Melinda who is, to the best of my
understanding, an American.   The point was that in fact the civil rights
movement started with individuals, not the government.

It would have been easier to note that the technological terror we have
created has been one of the drivers behind the Arab Spring.

Before that Communism was defeated through a bottom up movement: People
just walked away.

I seem to remember that there is a country in North America where the
foundation myth is based on the claim of a bottom up revolt but I can't
quite recall which one. Something to do with tea.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/