Re: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis

2013-09-03 12:51:27
Hi,

Quoting S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com>:

The original phrasing is as follows:

  "English is the de facto language of the IETF, but it is not the
   native language of many IETF participants.  Native English
   speakers attempt to speak clearly and a bit slowly and to limit
   the use of slang in order to accommodate the needs of all
   listeners."

The draft reuses the text.  That text could be rewritten as:

   English is the de facto language of the IETF, but it is not the
   native language of many IETF participants.  Native English
   participants attempt to accommodate the needs of other
   participants by communicating clearly.

I think both parties have to try to express clearly. Those who do not have the English as their native language should also try to do so.

What is unbearable to me is that in more than one discussion in a mailing list someone's opinion is censored because misspell their ideas or opinions.

Regards, Eduardo.-

--
Eduardo A. Suarez
Facultad de Ciencias Astronómicas y Geofísicas - UNLP