Re: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis

2013-09-04 03:16:18
At 13:16 03-09-2013, Barry Leiba wrote:
I agree with Scott that the stuff between the commas doesn't belong here.

That is, it doesn't belong *here*; it can certainly go into a sentence
or paragraph with advice for native English speakers.  Consider
something like this instead:

   Participants must do their best to accommodate the needs of other
   participants by communicating clearly.  When faced with English that
   is difficult to understand, we must all make the effort to understand it
   nonetheless, engaging in conversation to clarify what was meant.
   Native English speakers, in particular, should be careful with the use
   of slang and cultural references that might not be well known to everyone.

I'll try and come up with text to reflect the above and the other feedback about that part of the draft.

That might not be exactly right; please try to understand me, and
tweak as necessary.

:-)