Re: the ancient location question, was IETF-91 Question

2014-08-12 23:09:51
the number of folks who are -required- to do cross-area review are generally
paid to commit the time for IETF work.
so thats not a big issue.  committed old-timers will do it anyway. and the hard
part is when there needs to be liasion work
between Standards Bodies that are working on similar efforts,   like the
existing IETF liaisons to ITU, WC3, ACM, etc...

wrt tourists… we have evidence of coordination for spouses, children, SOs,
food, ADA compliance, etc by the IETF Support staff…

If becoming a boutique tour company pays the bills, sure.  Lets do that.
I’ll go on quilting cruises with my SO and she can
come to Atlanta with me.   And about the time I become an adept at long-arm,
she will be a WG chair in the IETF.

longwinded way to say the IETF should focus on its core values,  Internet
Engineering, and less on how easy it is to meet with 900 of my
peers with all the required amenities.

/bill
Neca eos omnes.  Deus suos agnoscet.

On 12August2014Tuesday, at 19:05, Ted Lemon