Re: the ancient location question, was IETF-91 Question

2014-08-13 07:32:41
Ted,

On 2014-08-13 14:26, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Aug 13, 2014, at 8:21 AM, Loa Andersson <loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu> wrote:
they are good at
producing "old timers"

Time is highly effective at producing old-timers.   Ask me about it sometime.
I was referring specifically to the sort of old-timers who can do cross-area
review, which was actually a theory that I think Bill Manning, himself perhaps
an old-timer, advanced.

I don't have enough experience with ITU to know whether in fact the old-timers
of which you speak are the sort that might help with that, but my inclination
is to remain skeptical of this proposal, because the context in which the two
organizations operate is quite different, and specifically the funding and
attendance model for ITU is _very_ different.

Yes - I agree I was jsut bantering! I think "a problem" on this list is
that that you need to pretty precise to make the majority of the
subscribers understand. I have no evidence that the ITU-T type of old
timers should be better than the IETF.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com