Re: the ancient reorganisation question, was IETF-91 Question etc

2014-08-15 07:06:33

On 8/15/2014 7:04 AM, t.p. wrote:
Alia

What I saw you say was
"One driver for this reorganization is to get to "right-size" working
groups
that are large
enough to have critical mass and not so large as to have poor
signal-to-noise for participants or suffer from disengagement."

Trouble is, while there are some WG in the IETF that suffer from this,
arguably the list we are on now, I would not place any of the Routing WG
in that category.  Historically, MPLS would have been in the days of
MPLS-TP but those days are long gone so unless and until another SDO
wants to crank up the volume on a Routing WG, I fail to see it as
justification for a reorganisation.

And yes, I think that this is an IETF matter, not just one for a Routing
list.

Tom,
    Which "this" are you referring to:
disengagement/signal-to-noise/bystanders/tourists/etc., the rational for
the routing are reorganization, or the reorganization as a whole?

(I sent some questions on the process aspect of the last yesterday, but
to routing-discussion(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org not this list.)

Lou

Tom Petch