Re: Vacation locations

2014-08-23 03:07:25

I find myself in agreement with John and Dave on this.

I am not at all convinced by the diversity of meeting places == diversity of
long term participation argument, and I share the view that we should avoid
anything that remotely resembles a holiday location.

For me Minneapolis or an equivalent would work every time.  People would only
go there to work on IETF stuff, travel arrangements and budget would be a
template, we would know what to find when we got there, we would not need to
qualify the venue, and it would be subject to incremental improvement through
tuning.

- Stewart