Re: Vacation locations

2014-08-23 10:59:25
This discussion seems to be ignoring the IETF's financial need for local
sponsors, and sometimes that sponsorship leads to particular locations. For
example, I know (because I was part of the local sponsor) that the first
time we went to Minneapolis in 1999 was due to the IETF working with the
sponsor to choose the location. We never would have gone to Memphis if
Fedex hadn't sponsored that meeting. And so on. So there are other
constraints that keep us from just meeting in Minneapolis, Prague, and
(pick one Asian city) all of the time.

Cheers,
Andy