Re: Vacation locations

2014-08-25 10:50:02

Lou Berger <lberger(_at_)labn(_dot_)net> wrote:
    >> That
    >> requires co-locating in different places where we can do that outreach.
    >> I imagine you were thinking of three or four standard locations.

    > Why not consider a middle ground / compromise?

    > We could have a list of standard locations, say 1 or 2 per major
    > region.

+1 on this.
I want to suggest given the nomcom cycle, that the fall/November meeting
should never be an outreach meeting, or be anywhere even remotely "exotic".

    > I'd also hope we could reuse some of the operational savings gained by
    > cutting down on pre-meeting visits/preps to make up for the discount we
    > receive by "touring" locations under construction.

On IAOC person could perhaps comment on how much we time/travel we spend on
pre-meeting site visits and qualification visits.  My impression is that it's
around 1 FTE.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-