Re: Pink Squares

2015-07-24 11:48:33

On Jul 24, 2015, at 12:33 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 24/07/2015 22:23, Adrian Farrel wrote:
A proposal...
Could Meetecho please just zoom out.

Alternative proposal...
Make the pink box a guide for speakers who want to be in frame, but stop
telling
us that we MUST stand in the box.

Also, we *really* need a repeater screen so that the person speaking can see
the slides without eyes in the back of his/her head. Speaking coherently about
a slide that I cannot see is beyond my powers.

While we are talking about making remote participation better.

I watched a recorded working group session last night.  Currently the video is
only of the slides and a small view of the speaker.  Unfortunately, when
someone comes to the microphone, you don’t get to see them speak.  It would be
much better if one could see them when they talk.  This might require panning
the main camera, or a second camera (and I guess a second “pink square”).

Bob

  Brian