Re: Pink Squares

2015-07-27 07:16:53

--On Monday, July 27, 2015 10:12 +0200 Simon Pietro Romano
<spromano(_at_)unina(_dot_)it> wrote:

*) One suggestion for when the meetecho techs are engrossed
elsewhere is that there be a way for the chairs to override
the settings.

Good point. This can indeed be easily done: if a chair wants
to act as the Meetecho "director" of his session's
virtual room, we can definitely enable such functionality for
him. All you need is to open a URL in your web page and play
with the remote controls.

Please be extremely careful with this idea.  I think it is
important that chairs be paying careful attention to the flow of
the meeting and the substantive issues involved (including
repetitive comments and speech-making, not just discussions at
the front of the queue), not trying to act as stage managers or
camera directors.  If a chair has spare attention or cycles
during the meeting, I think it would be a better use of them to
have the chair paying attention to Jabber (or whatever
high-reliability or fallback mechanism we have for remote input)
or making decisions about discussions and queue management
rather than playing with the AV technology.

     john