Re: Pink Squares

2015-07-27 03:11:50
Hello Tony,

*) On a couple occasions, the remote queuing microphone did not succeed.
We all saw the pacman approaching the mike, but then nothing would come
across.

Actually, this was not due to technical issues. What happened was that some
remote participants just hit the “raise your hand” button by mistake. They
didn’t have any intention to inject their audio into the room, but rather
thought that the "raise your hand” icon should be used to mute themselves.
Indeed, since the virtual queue was a brand new thing for most IETFfers, it was
not always 100% intuitive how to properly use it. We tried to make life easier
for everybody by publishing ad hoc documentation about the experiment here:

http://ietf93.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/UMPIRE_Project
<http://ietf93.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/UMPIRE_Project>

*) One suggestion for when the meetecho techs are engrossed elsewhere is
that there be a way for the chairs to override the settings.

Good point. This can indeed be easily done: if a chair wants to act as the
Meetecho “director” of his session’s virtual room, we can definitely enable
such functionality for him. All you need is to open a URL in your web page and
play with the remote controls.

*) To that end, having a few "pre-sets" for the camera would be
valuable: the pink square, the chairs, the speaker, and the mike(s).
Click, and the camera is pointing at the right spot with the proper zoom
level.

This is what we actually do. When the session starts, if nobody is playing with
the controls, the camera points at the pink box, with no zoom.

Hope this helps,

Simon

   Tony Hansen

                                                               _\\|//_
                                                              ( O-O )
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                Simon Pietro Romano
                                         Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                                     Computer Engineering Department
                     Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7683816
                                           e-mail: spromano(_at_)unina(_dot_)it

                    <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
                    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                                                     oooO
                                                                       (_/

----
5x1000 AI GIOVANI RICERCATORI