Re: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

2015-08-17 11:48:52

Sandra,

The Internet in the Intercontinental hotel will indeed be "joined"
to the IETF meeting network as usual.

Speaking from personal experience, I have always found Internet access
in Japanese hotels to be quite excellent even without these upgrades
by our NOC team.

Ole

This is always high on my list of reasons to try to stay at the
conference hotel, also.

But note that this time, the conference is not at the
InterContinental “Headquarter Hotel", it is at the attached
conference center.

Can anyone speak to whether the InterContinental's infrastructure is
going to see the upgrade from the IETF infrastructure usually
offered to the conference hotel?

If the big pipe goes to the conference center only, then the
InterContinental ’s infrastructure may suffer from the same problems
the Maastricht’s did for similar reasons.

—Sandy