Re: For Review: IESG Statement on Guidance on Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings

2015-12-10 13:06:35

The IESG is considering publication of the IESG Statement on Guidance on
Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings. Please review and comment.

For the most part, I would describe this as "non-controversial".

One statement made in the note is "Also, we have seen significant benefits when
two or more working groups meet together." To my knowledge, this has happened
only once, in the context of a RIPE meeting, and for my working group it was
pretty much a bust. Joel recorded our observations in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jaeggli-interim-observations.

Am I missing something? What "significant benefits" have been observed by
correlating interim meetings of working groups that would not be having a
combined meeting?