Re: Concerns about Singapore

2016-04-09 20:07:30
On 10/04/2016 10:35, John C Klensin wrote:
I hope that, as the IAOC continues "actively seeking
clarification", the distinction between the ability to express
support without getting arrested and the ability to practice the
nominally-criminal behavior without getting arrested (even
occasionally) is well understood.

It may be just me, but the distinctions really seem a lot more
clear than the length of this discussion thread would seem to
imply.

The distinction is quite clear, but my point and the reason I broke
my silence on this thread is that even so, it's *still* a judgment
call, whether the issue is freedom of speech, freedom of behaviour,
personal risk, or even old-fashioned discrimination as in the example
I gave.

   Brian