mhonarc-users

Re: Anyway to use include files (for nav bars) in a RCfile?

1998-11-04 15:16:47
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Peter Losher wrote:

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Al Gilman wrote:

Just try it.  If you had-wrote the page to exploit SSI, what
would you place in the hypertext file that triggers the include?
Put that in the footer of the page templates and away you go.

Gotcha, after some tweaking on my end, it works.  Thanks!

        Now that it's been running for awhile, some problems have cropped
up that I didn't think about when I made that analogy.  Primarily since
Apache requires that the SSI and the inserted documents be executable, I
would have to make sure all of my archive files are to be executable for
this to work (which makes our security guru here rather nervous, to say
the least!)

        What I am mainly looking for is for MHonArc to include this file
in the message processing stage, so that when MHonArc is finished with it,
it will already have the HTML code for the nav bar inserted. (thus no need
for an SSI)

At the bottom of every message, there is a <HR> then the $PROG$ and
$VERSION$ resource variables ("Mail converted by MHonArc 2.3.2").  Now I
don't want to remove it, but I do want to append a our organization's name
and a "Comments" mailto: link etc. at the absolute bottom of the message
(as per our organization's web guidelines).  I have tinkered with the
<TFOOT> & <MSGFOOT>, etc, but its inserted right before that "Mail..."
message.

        BTW, I did use the <IdxPgEnd> variable, but there seems to be no
similar "<ThrPgEnd>" for threads or "<MsgPgEnd>" for messages.

Once again, thanks in advance...

Peter Losher
Peter Losher                               The GLOBE Program \ Raytheon ITSS
E-mail: plosher(_at_)globe(_dot_)arc(_dot_)nasa(_dot_)gov     GLOBE Program
Support: help(_at_)globe(_dot_)gov
NASA Ames Research Center, Mailstop 204-14, Moffett Field, Calif. 94035-1000