Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies

2012-12-05 19:04:59

On 2012-12-05, at 4:59 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

I have a hard time believing we
have nmh users that want to submit email to an SMTP server that doesn't
support 8BITMIME.  Once it leaves the local mail server then of course
all bets are off but that's not an nmh problem.

So did I, until I had to support email software for a living :-P

It's out there.  It's annoying.  And it's not going away in either of our
lifetimes.

There is no pain to support 7bit in nmh: it's already there.  While I am a big
fan of ripping out code, there are times when it's not appropriate, and this in
one of them.

--lyndon