Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies

2012-12-05 19:11:11

On 2012-12-05, at 5:04 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

While I am a big fan of ripping out code, there are times when it's not
appropriate, and this in one of them.

Let me rephrase that.  I know (hope?) we aren't ditching 7but support.  My
point is that 7bit and friends will be here almost forever, so there is no
purpose to be served in arguing about supporting them.  We have to support it,
fini.  As to what the defaults are, 8bit makes perfect sense.  But there must
be a way to turn that off and fall back to a more conservative setting.  How
and where that gets configured is indeterminate, but something associated with
the MTA would make sense.  (Pine has a reasonable model for attaching
parameters to the various transports.)

--lyndon