Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies

2012-12-05 19:00:08
Yes, really.  There is, and always will be, a lot of cruft out there
that simply cannot be upgraded.

I'm fine with the compatibility stuff (like encoded headers) to deal with
CLIENTS.  nmh benefits greatly from that.  But I truely, honestly, have
a very difficult time believing that there are SMTP servers out there that
can only handle 7-bit messages, because that's really what we're talking
about.  Well, let me rephrase that ... I have a hard time believing we
have nmh users that want to submit email to an SMTP server that doesn't
support 8BITMIME.  Once it leaves the local mail server then of course
all bets are off but that's not an nmh problem.