Re: [Nmh-workers] 78 column limit

2012-12-05 20:32:24
It is an exercise in futility to deal with MUAs that do not following
the specifications.  Text/plain should be rendered in fixed-width font
and line breaks should be honored.  Inferring "paragraphs" and
reformatting should not be done.

While I agree that in text/plain line breaks should be honored, I'm not
aware of any requirement that says it should be rendered in a fixed-width
font.  I don't necessarily disagree with that requirement (but plenty of
people would) but sadly THAT battle is lost.