[Nmh-workers] MIME user interface (was: Re: 78 column limit)

2012-12-10 22:29:08
How should we interact with a user's editor and any MIME formatting we
need to do?  Sigh.  Nothing obvious pops out at me; I'm open to
suggestions.

I've never bothered with whatnow's attach and friends;  they don't seem
very MH, adding a little shell inside whatnow.

Heh, well ... I'll let you fight that out with Markus, since he didn't
seem to have any issues with using (and extending) the attachment system.
Also, I see that plenty of people really like using attach, so I can't
see dropping it.

I'll be honest ... I like composing the attachments in the message, but
specifying all of the junk necessary to make attachments work in other
mailers is annoying nowadays.  And having file completion when using
attach is nice as well.

is OK but it would be nicer if there was a more default-using, perhaps
like whatnow's attach,

   #attach /tmp/foo.pdf

It should perhaps allow the [description] syntax.

Hm.  I could see supporting this as well.  Although I don't know if anyone
uses [description] anymore.  Thoughts?