Re: Hrm... set reply-to to the list??? (was Re: A nice spam service)

1997-07-29 16:00:00
Timothy J Luoma spaketh thusly at dman:

[snip]

Well it takes an extra step for me to send the reply to the list and NOT the
person, since the person will get inserted with 'Reply' and the list with
'Reply-All' I have to do 'Reply-All' and then copy the procmail from the CC
to the TO and obliterate the person's personal address...

This would be solved if the mailing list included a

line.

What do folks think about adding that to the list?  Several other lists I am
on work this way, and it seems like most people here don't want/need their
own CC.

Why not do it yourself with procmail?  I have included a check so emails
"From:" the subscribe daemon don't get "converted":

        #
        # Filter IN the ProcMail mailing list and change the "Reply-To:"
        # header to send stuff to the list rather than the author:
        #
        :0 fhw:.procmlock
        * ^Return-Path:.*procmail-request
        * !^From:.*procmail-request
        | $FORMAIL -i"Reply-To:
procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE"

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
mailto:bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
Finger bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com for my PGP public key (Bits 1024/KeyID
09DA5C49)
PGP Key FingerPrint (09/03/94):  4C97 F1FA 7055 6891   49D1 ADF2 DD63 0C15
--------------------> Please PGP encrypt your email <---------------------