Re: Personal Replies Solution

1997-10-26 21:23:54
Quoting David W. Tamkin (dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com):
| It is also a ton harder to set the Reply-To on a per-message basis ...

That's where we get back into relevance to this list: if there were easier
hooks for running our OUTGOING mail through procmail, we could automate the
reply addresses by letting the rcfile for outgoing mail examine the headers
already existing and the body to see where Reply-To: should point.  Then one
formail filter and we're set.  Right now I'm in a position where, for a very
different reason, I need to add Reply-To: to many but not all of my outgoing
messages.

I'm not sure this is really a good use for procmail; IMHO, it's more of
a MUA issue. Take a look at mutt, for example, which allows you to bind
an arbitrary command (including custom headers) to a regexp based on the
recipients' addresses.

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone(_at_)itri(_dot_)loyola(_dot_)edu            finger, or email with