Re: Personal Replies Solution

1997-10-25 19:25:42
| You are equating ...

Mr. Luoma's claim that he knows what I am thinking is way off base.  I have
answered him privately.

My final word: if you cannot set Reply-To: as you wish on your outgoing mail,
then you do not have a networthy system.  If the results are not to your
liking, that is your own bad luck to be so hamstrung, not the fault of a
respondent who used your supplied return address (especially if you didn't
say anything in the text either but kept your preference a total secret).

So if you cannot set Reply-To: with your MUA, see if your MUA can be tricked
into feeding mail through an outgoing filter, for which procmail is perfect.
For example, mailx doesn't seem to have a way to set Reply-To:, but it can be
told to hand outgoing mail over to another program on its way to the MTA, so
procmail can add a Reply-To: if one doesn't want responses sent to the From:
address.