Re: How to excluding the newline in Headers scan?

2002-05-02 11:44:36
On Thu, 2 May 2002, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Udi asked,

| In case of header scanning (flag "H").    How to ask for string with
| no Newlines?  Like this:   "aaa ANY_CHAR_BUT_NOT_NEWLINE zzz"
| (in _pseudo_code_:  "aaa [^$] zzz")
|
| If I say:    "aaa .* zzz"     it can be:
|
| From: aaa
|  zzz
|
| and procmail match it as:   "From: aaa  zzz".

You can always do this,

 * ^From:.*aaa.*zzz
 * ! ? grep '^From:.*aaa.*zzz'

because grep will see the continuation newline as a newline.

        Thanks David, it is helped me.  I understand the procmail doesn't
        delete the "\n", it just ignores it.  May I ask to add the option
        to see the "\n" into the Wish List?   Sometimes one need work on the
        Subject field, in this case we want to be more specific.

Bye,
 Udi