Re: "TO_" expression incomplete [possible defect in procmail]

2002-10-16 12:09:43
At 10:19 2002-10-10 +0100, Nancy McGough wrote:
Thanks lance, I've added X-Real-To to my list. Does anyone know
what MTA or ISP uses Envelope-To? Any other headers with envelope
info are welcome!

Any MTA which you can configure headers for.

Sendmail requires just a few changes to the cf file (which I maintain through the M4 config file):

(Properly in the "format of headers" section):

H?Z?X-Envelope-To: $u

and add an 'Z' flag to the mailer definitions which should add this (such as Mlocal).

It isn't part of the out-of-the-box configuration, but I'd suspect that the majority of X-Envelope-To: headers you see are on sendmail - when this header first cropped up, sendmail represented easily 90% or more of the MTAs in use.

I remember way back being reminded that the procmail list wasn't the place to ask about how to configure sendmail, but there it is...