Re: Spam

2004-02-04 22:50:29
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 12:41:28PM -0600, Chris Barnes wrote:
Um, I would SERIOUSLY disagree with your characterization of SA.
Several of the big rule sets are updated weekly - or more.  I don't know
of any Linux environments where it doesn't run (if *I* can install it,
         ^^^^^

LINUX environments. Not everyone using Procmail is using Linux. I've personaly
run Procmail on Linux, Solaris (various version numbers) and Irix.

surely someone who actually knows Linux can).  Seems to work just fine
with both Horde & Squirrelmail.

Those are MUAs. Procmail and SA "work with" ALL MUAs. They don't necessarily
work with all MTAs or IMAP/POP daemons.
And as Bart pointed out, not everyone who has access to install and tweak
their own .procmailrcs has access to install and run SA.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.