Re: genuine email got blocked as spam

2005-06-29 16:14:34
At 23:42 2005-06-29 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hallo Matthias,

Am 2005-06-29 21:11:33, schrieb Matthias Haeker:

> MDeferred: 450 <anybody(_at_)world(_dot_)de>: Recipient address rejected:
> Greylisted for 300 seconds

With this error, you should retry to send the message within the
300 Seconds, which mean, if you send an (unverified) message, the
receiving host reject it and after 300 Seconds it is bounced.

Icko. That's an uber-lame way to do it -- for one, no MTA (that I'm aware of) parses the message and grabs a delay and resends, and two, a default resend in Sendmail (out of the box install) is 15 minutes - 900 seconds, meaning that the message will be retried AFTER 900 seconds. Generally.

If it's working the way you say, then the particular recipient mailhost generating that greylisting message is too fscking braindead to receive email.