Re: genuine email got blocked as spam

2005-06-30 03:41:55
Am 2005-06-29 15:33:09, schrieb Professional Software Engineering:

Icko.  That's an uber-lame way to do it -- for one, no MTA (that I'm aware
of) parses the message and grabs a delay and resends, and two, a default
resend in Sendmail (out of the box install) is 15 minutes - 900 seconds,
meaning that the message will be retried AFTER 900 seconds.  Generally.

If it's working the way you say, then the particular recipient mailhost
generating that greylisting message is too fscking braindead to receive
email.

I do not know, why Sysadmin configure the mta/greylist like this...
Maybe they expect, it works with the first/second try?
They have a realy redunant system which can not fail?

I hate such individual configs...

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi