Re: Bypass large files with filter

2006-01-26 05:49:46
Mr Duck:
$noname:

    :0
    * > 150000
    { SWITCHRC }    # go to user's .procmailrc, if existing,
                    # else deliver to $DEFAULT (?)

   I am a bit bothered by the idea that an email can get to the
end user w/o having checks done on it.

I agree. Many defensive checks and measures can and should be done
before procmail gets the message.

   At an absolute minimum, I would suggest running the header
of the large file attach through Dallman's vsnag.

I agree again. AFAIK vsnag doesn't have a 'header-only' mode.

Even if you have a good dirt-rejecter and malware-discarder at the
"gate", put vsnag in your /etc/procmailrc as an extra layer of defense.

--
Grtz, Ruud