RE: ideas on splitting mail saved by Outlook to IMAP folder

2006-05-29 09:53:03
Nancy wrote:
Also, you might want to use a tool that speaks IMAP to prune your
mailboxes. One possibility is mailutil, which ships with UW IMAP
and Pine, and is described here:

  <http://www.washington.edu/pine/man/#mailutil>

Dovecot might ship with its own IMAP pruning utility -- I suggest
asking in the Dovecot group.

A good suggestion, but in my case I'd like the resulting mbox's
able to be read by other programs such as mutt (without the aid
of IMAP) for searching and sorting the mail in the mbox files,
at a later date.

It is true, however, that only Dovecot IMAP seems to be able to
handle these mbox files that are missing the newline separating
one message from the next, at least until the mbox is processed
with 'formail -e -s'.