Re: ideas on splitting mail saved by Outlook to IMAP folder

2006-05-29 15:50:18
On 5/29/06, Gerald V. Livingston II <debuser(_at_)sysmatrix(_dot_)net> wrote:
Good luck with that "taking it up with the Dovecot folks". [...] there was
something
else that was not RFC compliant and
the response I got was "those are just suggestions and I don't feel like
changing the software to do it that way". Dovecot was an easier install but
I promptly dropped it and went with the firmly established Courier set of
programs.

This is sort of like trading your iron pyrite for cubic zyrconia:
neither of them is exactly what it appears to be.  Each of Dovecot and
Courier ignore the IMAP4 specifications in cases where their authors
found the specs to be inconvenient.  If compliance with the RFC is
what's important to you, you need UW or Cyrus ... but Cyrus doesn't
work with mbox folders, so that pretty much leaves one choice.