RE: ideas on splitting mail saved by Outlook to IMAP folder

2006-05-29 18:47:41
Bart Schaefer wrote:
This is sort of like trading your iron pyrite for cubic zyrconia:
neither of them is exactly what it appears to be.  Each of Dovecot and
Courier ignore the IMAP4 specifications in cases where their authors
found the specs to be inconvenient.  If compliance with the RFC is
what's important to you, you need UW or Cyrus ... but Cyrus doesn't
work with mbox folders, so that pretty much leaves one choice.

We switched from UW three years back in favor of Dovecot, possibly because
Dovecot supported TLS/SSL, or some other form of secure access and UW did
not,
or some other reason I can't recall.  I vagurely remember that the UW
package would hang or be non-responsive to an Outlook client, and
dovecot was much faster and more reliable.  On the other hand, I didn't
experience the mbox glitch with UW.  Perhaps UW has fixed some of those
problems by now?