Re: Extensibility and Accreditation

2004-01-22 12:06:34
On Thursday 22 January 2004 6:50 pm, wayne wrote:
Domain owners who publish SPF records may well want to say that any IP
address listed in SPEWS is not *authorized* to send email claiming to
be from their domain.  I would be very impressed by how white-hat such
a domain owner was, but also consider any domain owner who would uses
such an extreme system as SPEWS for authorization to be a little
crazy.

I think it is a very interesting idea. I have one domain with an SPF record
ending in ?all to support roaming users, which is not really all that
satisfactory...

Now I'm thinking that maybe using SPEWS or similar to cut down it's use as a
spam source might be pretty useful:

+:mydomain -include:rbldomain ?all

Or even:

+:mydomain -include:rbldomain -all