Re: Re: SPF advocacy

2004-01-25 15:55:22
On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 10:03:30AM -0800, Matt Perry wrote:

| On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
|
| > I emailed LaMont Jones, maintainer of the Debian Postfix package.  He
| > said he'd prefer not to depart from the source distribution.
|
| It might be a good idea to contact the maintainers of other distributions,
| as well.  The RedHat/Fedora folks might be open to including SPF patches
| for Postfix and Sendmail in the next release of Fedora.  Likewise for
| other distributions.

Perhaps what might be acceptable is to suggest that package maintainers
offer alternative packages for MTAs to include SPF-enabled versions as
a choice.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |