Re: clamav plugin?

2004-01-29 12:42:39
"frank" <ratty(_at_)they(_dot_)org> wrote:
Just today I installed clamav and I'm having problems with it too. In my
case, I finally tracked it down to SPF. The SPF plugin adds a
"Received-SPF:" header to the top of the message and I believe clamav is
choking on it because it wants to read a plain "Received:" header. I
haven't checked clamav sources but experimentation shows this to be the
case. I guess I could add an extra blank "Received:" inside the plugin
code for a quick fix.

Yep, you've got it. I can reproduce with a sample virus message (with full
headers). I put a Received-SPF header on top of the message in file
"virus-bug-clamav-withspf" and I put the exact same message without the
Received-SPF header in virus-bug-clamav-nospf.

gfk(_at_)ali:~$ head -n 2 virus-bug-clamav-nospf

gfk(_at_)ali:~$ clamscan --mbox --disable-summary virus-bug-clamav-withspf
virus-bug-clamav-withspf: OK
gfk(_at_)ali:~$ clamscan --mbox --disable-summary virus-bug-clamav-nospf
virus-bug-clamav-nospf: Worm.SCO.A FOUND

I'm crossposting this on the SPF mailing list where it's sure to spark
interest.

Thanks a lot for finding that out,
GFK's
--