Re: Re: clamav plugin?

2004-01-30 01:04:33
Guillaume Filion wrote:

I know that the spec is frozen, but how bad would it be to change the header from something like: Received-SPF: unknown (domain of sender domain.com does not designate mailers)
to something like:

I'm no expert but it would seem to me that it would respect RFC822/2822. I'm going to put both in my version of qpsmtpd so that clamav will work correctly at least.

This is frankly utterly insane.

The meaning of Received: is established. It has NOTHING to do with the use you are putting it to here and instead your proposal will break parsing of genuine Received: headers.

Received-SPF: and Received: are two completely different headers. Anyone who can't write a parser to tell the difference shouldn't be coding.

        Wechsler
--
This message protected by the SPF protocol - adopt it now!
Details: http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt