Re: SRS concern

2004-04-13 12:56:18
David Woodhouse wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:14 -0400, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

I have published SPF records for my domain. I have also started checking SPF records, with my MTA (Postfix).

So far, this has worked nicely.

However, I'm seriously considering scrapping it. This is because my system forwards mail for some clients, which means I need to impliment SRS.

You also need the rest of the world to implement SRS, not just yourself.

The only thing I can read from that, given that the rest of the world has *not* implimented SRS, is that SPF is not ready for prime time yet, as it breaks forwarding and there is nothing in place to fix that, that anyone is ready/willing to impliment.

It would seem that perhaps I shouldn't use it, until it is a complete solution. It looks very promising, but I can't use something that breaks valid email. :-/

        -ste