Re: SRS concern

2004-04-13 13:06:41
On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 03:56:18PM -0400, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
However, I'm seriously considering scrapping it. This is because my
system forwards mail for some clients, which means I need to impliment
SRS.

You also need the rest of the world to implement SRS, not just yourself.

The only thing I can read from that, given that the rest of the world
has *not* implimented SRS, is that SPF is not ready for prime time yet,
as it breaks forwarding and there is nothing in place to fix that, that
anyone is ready/willing to impliment.

It would seem that perhaps I shouldn't use it, until it is a complete
solution. It looks very promising, but I can't use something that breaks
valid email. :-/

Exactly my attitude, but apparently you can have ~all or ?all (don't really
know what the difference between soft fail and neutral is btw) instead of -all
for the time being, untill the world has implemented SRS :)

That's what I'm going to do anyway now.

Koen