Re: SRS concern

2004-04-13 13:45:45
On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 04:17:57PM -0400, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
Exactly my attitude, but apparently you can have ~all or ?all (don't
really know what the difference between soft fail and neutral is btw)
instead of -all for the time being, untill the world has implemented SRS :)

That's what I'm going to do anyway now.

But what's the point of publishing my SPF records, if I did what you
suggest? If I tell people they can ignore the result of looking up my
records, then why bother?

For one, by doing this I cooperate with the grand scheme, perhaps make it
easier for others to adopt spf. Perhaps motivate people to think about
implementing srs. I can also do nothing and just wait till microsoft comes up
with a $$$olution, right?

The least I can do is put the spf record there, to show people spf is alive.

Sorry if it did not sound convincing, im only into this for maybe 2 days. I
hope it makes sense anyway. I mean, why _not_ put it in with the ~all or ?all
?? Why not take the teeny-weeny minuscule effort??

Koen