RE: Publishing of SPF Records

2004-04-15 06:35:27

If you look up the DNS records for a domain 1000 times an
hour from one ISP, the DNS for the domain will probably only
be hit one time, because the ISPs DNS cache the information.

same if u cache the http answer correct

DNS is extremely scalable.

so is http

If you take down a DNS server, the
other ones will answer for you. If you take down all DNS
servers for a domain, most internet users will still be able
to do queries against the domain because of the ISP DNS
caches. Webservers don't work this way.

u dont want to understand......

I administrate webservers and mailservers for at least 12000
domains, and the DNS was never down for anyone of them, but
the webservers surely were, all of them.

tja, I have seen ISP's where its the other way round. I haven
even seen ISP's where the routers have chronical UDP problems...

http lookups would be optional. So every mail operator could choose
himself to enable them or not......

How? By specifying it as TXT records in the DNS setup? :-) :-) :-)

ah, what a good way to argue. mail operator or operator of the MTA which
uses
spf. ever heard the word option?

Lars.

--

Dybdahl Engineering
Tlf.: 70201241 (08:00-17:30)

-------
Sender Policy Framework: http://spf.pobox.com/ Archives at
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss/current/
Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200403.txt
Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription, please go to

This mail was checked for malicious code and viruses
checking, exploit detection, threats analysis and anti-virus for
Exchange & SMTP servers. Viruses, Trojans, dangerous
attachments and offensive content are removed automatically.
Key features include: multiple virus engines; email content and
attachment checking; an exploit shield; an HTML threats engine;
a Trojan & Executable Scanner; and more.

In addition to GFI MailSecurity, GFI also produces the
GFI MailEssentials anti-spam software, the GFI FAXmaker
fax server & GFI LANguard network security product ranges.
For more information on our products, please visit
http://www.gfi.com. This disclaimer was sent by
GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP.