RE: Publishing of SPF Records

2004-04-15 07:00:50

No they wouldn't; you fail to see a key problem here. Any
domain that didn't implement DNS-SPF would then be hit for
HTTP-SPF requests.
Effectively you make DNS-SPF compulsory for anyone not
wishing to suffer the HTTP penalty.

;-) - and they would hurry up to implement DNS access for their
customers....

In my personal case you'd need over 12 web
servers in place of 2 DNS servers (of which I'd only need to
reconfigure the master one for any changes).

NO, you wouldnt since u have DNS and so not need the web server anymore.
http was ment to be a fallback mechanism in case no dns txt record
exist.

So basically, http is not going into SPF because we don't want it
there for a billion reasons.

Who is we? Are u speaking for everyone here?

Pretty much, yes. We've had this discussion before.

 > Why dont we wait for other people
to give their personal comments?

Consider mine made. HTTP would provide a useful fallback in
very few cases, and merely provide a needless and heavy
demand in the vast majority of cases.

      Wechsler

-------
Sender Policy Framework: http://spf.pobox.com/ Archives at
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss/current/
Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200403.txt
Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription, please go to

This mail was checked for malicious code and viruses
checking, exploit detection, threats analysis and anti-virus for
Exchange & SMTP servers. Viruses, Trojans, dangerous
attachments and offensive content are removed automatically.
Key features include: multiple virus engines; email content and
attachment checking; an exploit shield; an HTML threats engine;
a Trojan & Executable Scanner; and more.

In addition to GFI MailSecurity, GFI also produces the
GFI MailEssentials anti-spam software, the GFI FAXmaker
fax server & GFI LANguard network security product ranges.
For more information on our products, please visit
http://www.gfi.com. This disclaimer was sent by
GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP.